Tuesday 24 September 2013

Shop My Stash #2 - How Did It Go?

This post is a little late, it should have been up on Sunday. Sorry! To see my original post, click here.


In all honesty, I haven't reached for much makeup over the last two weeks. My days have generally involved staying home and doing university work, or going to work, or just catching up with friends. During the first week, I did try and use these products, but for simple makeup I really only reach for foundation, concealer, some powder in my brows and mascara, and maybe a bit of bronzer. I really have been trying to incorporate blush into my routine, though! 

The first product isn't in the photo here, because I used it up. That is the Maybelline The Falsies Mascara. I have a tonne of mascara to get through, but I absolutely adore this one and will repurchase it eventually. I found the Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara in a cosmetic store about fifteen minutes from my house last week, and have been loving it! These two are definitely my top two drugstore mascaras. 

If you look closely, you would be able to see that the Sleek Storm Palette looks a little worse for wear. This would be because I bought a Z Palette and all the other three Sleek palettes I own are depotted and in that palette, but this one is so hard to do! I shattered the black quite a bit, and have only been able to get one of the shadows out. Once next week is over (and most of my assignments for the semester are done), I'll try open the palette up again. Besides that, I did use this palette quite a bit for the first week. The shadows are lovely and pigmented, and I absolutely adore the first two shadows in the palette. I definitely recommend this Sleek palette if you are looking to buy one, or the Au Naturel Palette. Both are super pigmented and can be used for both neutral day and night looks. 

In my blush endeavours, I have found theBalm Frat Boy blush to be the most long lasting blush I own. In the summer months, I think I will get a lot of wear from this. It is super pigmented though, so a little goes a long way! I would definitely recommend this blush, and I do want to try some more of theBalm blushes. 

The Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 022 Sun Bronze, like I said in the original post, was the first bronzer I ever bought. I've probably had this for over four years, and a couple of weeks ago I did some research on make up expiry and I should probably throw this out (I'll have a post on this soon, I promise!). I find it a little too warm, but in summer this would work out. I recommend this bronzer, though (if they still sell it, I'm not too sure). 

The Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights in 200 Pink Light is a product I was really excited to try. Because I haven't been wearing too much makeup, highlighter isn't a step I'd go out of my way to do. This does work as a primer also, but I don't like too much shimmer on my face. For a luminous look, though, I'd try this out. You could even mix this in with your foundation. I think in summer I'd get more use out of this, because it is a liquid highlighter and at the moment I prefer powder highlighters. 

And that's how my second Shop My Stash went! This week I won't be doing one, and I'll try to next week, but it depends on how much time I have! No point doing a Shop My Stash and not being able to use the products! Thanks for reading, and if you haven't already, follow me on Bloglovin'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment