Thursday 19 September 2013

Clarins Splendours Summer Bronzing Compact - review and swatches

When I first saw pictures of this bronzer on Temptalia a couple months ago, I just knew it had to be mine. I'm an ancient history major, and I think everyone studying ancient history needs this in their life (okay, maybe you don't need it, but I do). This is the Clarins Splendours Summer Bronzing Compact, and it is absolutely gorgeous.



Isn't the packaging just adorable?!


There is a massive amount of product in this compact - 20 grams! For comparison, Nars Laguna Bronzer has 8 grams. 


The bronzer is made up of three shades - two matte shades, one lighter and one darker, and in the centre is a shimmery golden shade. When I use this, I usually sweep my brush around the bronzer, missing the middle as I'm not the biggest fan of shimmer in bronzer. 


(L to R: Lighter matte shade, darker matte shade, shimmer circle in the middle of bronzer)

When you swatch the individual shades the colours are orange-toned (which usually is a big no-no, especially on my pale skin). However, when you apply to your face it just blends in and there is hardly an orange appearance. I never really noticed how orange it did look (because it doesn't look so orange when applied on the face), only when I swatched it. 


Overall, who could not love this bronzer? It is quite warm toned, so I think this bronzer will be perfect in the summer, and I know I will be loving it in the summertime. This bronzer wears well, and I am so happy to add this to my collection! (Shout out to my lovely friend Simon who gifted this to me for my birthday). I'm absolutely in love with this bronzer. I don't think it is the best for contouring, but this has easily become my favourite bronzer for allover warming up the face!

Thanks for checking out my review! I've just set up a Bloglovin' account, so I would love it if you'd click the widget on the top of the side bar and follow me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment