Friday 6 September 2013

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Bikini-tini vs. Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded

I received the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Bikini-tini in the Bronze of Champions kit (see post here). It immediately reminded me of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded that I purchased in June, so I thought I'd do a quick comparison post of the two for those interested.




A swatch of the two - Maybelline Barely Branded on the left, Benefit Bikini-tini on the right


Here is the two blended out - Maybelline on the left, Benefit on the right

The texture of the two is different. Barely Branded feels more creamy on the finger, whereas Bikini-tini feels more liquidy. I feel like Barely Branded is more yellow, whereas Bikini-tini leans more pink.


Above is the an eye look I did using Bikini-tini on the left eye and Barely Branded on the right. This is a picture right after application. 


Above is about six hours later. There isn't too much creasing or fading, although the right eye with Barely Branded does look more vibrant. 

Overall, I do feel that the two products are similar, and if you're looking for an alternative to the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Bikini-tini, I think the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded is a good option. There are slight differences in colour and texture, but they give the same result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment