Tuesday 17 September 2013

Fashionista 4 Pan Custom Design Palette (Blusher and Bronzer) review and swatches

Last week I posted about an order I made on the MUA website, which now stocks Fashionista products (see haul here). I was really interested in trying the Custom Design Palettes, because I am trying my hardest to get into blushes. I decided to pick up the 4 pan palette, and I filled it with three blushes and one bronzer (which is more of a highlight).




(From top left to bottom right - Juicy Apricot, Barcelona, Cinnamon and Butterscotch) 

Juicy Apricot has some noticeable golden flecks of shimmer in it, which I think would make a very pretty blush colour for the summer. It is quite a vibrant pink. Barcelona is one of the bronzer shades, although it is definitely a highlight. It is a light, goldish colour when swatched. I don't notice any glitter in it (like there is with MAC Mineralise Skin Finishes), it is just a nice, subtle shimmer. It blends out almost into nothing, leaving a very nice sheen. I think this is a perfect every day highlight shade. Cinnamon is the darkest shade out of the bunch, and I see this being a good fall and winter blush shade. This is a matte blush, and I have loved mixing this with Butterscotch, which is also another matte blush. The two together are a nice mix, not too dark for the spring time, and Butterscotch really livens up Cinnamon. I've really enjoyed these two together.


(L to R: Juicy Apricot, Barcelona, Cinnamon and Butterscotch) 

The price of these is really unbeatable - only $2.81 each! When you purchase the four together in one go, you also get the palette for free (this is also the case when you purchase six shades together). There are also eyeshadows that you can pick, but I own way too many eyeshadows so I felt blushes and the highlight (bronzer) shade were the best pick. Each pan comes with 2.5 grams of product. 
The palette itself is also quite sturdy. The pans just click in and are quite easy to remove. The mirror is able to stand up by itself, making this quite a travel friendly palette - you can customise blush, bronzer and eyeshadow shades, but also have a nice side mirror that can stand up by itself. 

I am quite pleased with this purchase. The shades are beautiful, with the only downside being lasting power. These don't last as long as I'd like, but a cream blush and setting spray will always prolong the wear. I'd recommend the blush and highlight shades I have tried, and I can't wait to place another order and get a few more shades.
For those wanting to venture out into blush, eyeshadow or bronzer shades, or on a budget, or just really love make up, this is perfect for you. Thanks for reading, and let me know some other good blushes to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment