Sunday 8 September 2013

Shop My Stash #1 - How Did It Go?


This week has been quite hectic for me, I've worked more than I usually do so in those cases I like to stick to what I know and using these products hasn't been on the top of my list (see my first Shop My Stash post here). However, one of the products I have used on a daily basis, and that is the Vivo Cheeky Cream Blusher in Bloom. It isn't the longest lasting product I've ever used, but if I paired it with a powder blush I'm sure it would last much longer. I've enjoyed using my fingers to place the product on my cheeks, and then blend it out with my Sigma F50 Duo Fibre Brush - which makes me happy because I'm getting some use out of this brush! I hardly touch it.
The Coastal Scents Eclipse Palette on the other hand, is a product I really don't like. Not because it is bad or anything, but the concealers are really pink based (the lighter ones, at least) and it doesn't work for me well. I'd then have to apply foundation on top of this concealer to match me better. It is a good palette, and I think I'll include it in my kit (when I start doing freelance work) because it is a good, all-rounder palette. I did try the darker shades out as a contour, using my beloved MAC 130 Brush, and it worked well. But for day to day, it's just too much work doing a cream contour (it has been this week, at least).
The MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter is another product that didn't work well for me. I have the same problem with MAC Soft and Gentle - while they both look lovely swatched, I don't like pinkish highlighters. I love theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer because it is more of a yellow champagne and it works well. Pink and me just don't mix.


I ended up finishing two of the products (kind of), which makes me happy! When I use up a make up product, I feel accomplished! I've had the Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder in True Translucent since last year, and I'm happy to have used it up. When I was half way through this, I discovered the Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder, which I adore as an under eye setting powder. This isn't a horrible powder, it is pretty good! I'm happy to have used this up to make some room in my makeup drawers. The Australis Eyeshadow Primer I have had for probably two years. The bottle is at the point where it doesn't distribute much product, and I've had it for a while so I figure it's time it went. This is a good eyeshadow primer, it was the first eyeshadow primer I purchased, and if you're in Australia or New Zealand I recommend this primer!

And that is all for my first Shop My Stash. I'm excited for next week's Shop My Stash - I might discover I product I will really enjoy, like the Vivo Cream Blusher!

No comments:

Post a Comment