Thursday 2 May 2013

Perfect Nail Polish Colours for Autumn

I need to start off this post by confessing that my love for makeup started with an enormous collection of nail polish - as can be seen below, particularly OPI. I love OPI, and I always get excited when new collections come out. I'm not as crazy now with purchasing new polish on a regular basis, but if it's a colour I think I need (because we all need nail polish!) I will buy it. So here are my picks for perfect nail polish colours in autumn. 


OPI Mermaid's Tears
My beloved first bottle of OPI ever. This is the polish that started it all. I've used about half of this bottle, and I can feel the formula getting a bit gloopy. There is a nail supply store near me that stocks  OPI bottles, and usually bottles from older collections, and I may replace this sometime soon. This was from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection - honestly, if you can still find any of those polishes, I'd recommend getting them. If I can't find this one in store, I saw a very similar colour in Priceline yesterday from Sally Hansen. Anyway, this is a creamy, some-what muted mint green, just a bit darker. I don't know how to explain this colour, but I will always love it.

OPI Designer.. De Better!
This is a shimmery silver with red specks in it. I absolutely love this polish when it's on the nails, and I think it is perfect for autumn.

Sportsgirl Nail It! All That Glitters
From memory, I bought this polish at the beginning of last year and Sportsgirl probably doesn't sell it anymore. I actually need to go in store and pick up Rose Gold, which is another glitter similar to this. I don't care what anyone says, I love glitter. This is a gold polish, with glitter hexagonal shapes and smaller specks of glitter. I love adding an accent nail, and chucking this glitter on top of my ring fingers. This is my go-to-glitter for that.

Butter London Yummy Mummy
This is a perfect neutral for those colder months. I love the way it looks on my nails (especially when I have acrylics). The colour has a bit of sheen to it, which makes it a lovely polish to look at.

Butter London Artful Dodger
I love this blue polish, and sadly don't reach for it as much anymore. However, it is a lovely colour for autumn and winter, as it isn't a vibrant, in-your-face blue.

OPI Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs
The day I saw this colour, I knew it had to be mine. It is more of a bolder colour, but the dark purple is a lovely colour to throw on during the colder months. I'd wear this any time during the year, though.

OPI The Spy Who Loved Me 
My holy grail nail polish. I'm not the biggest shimmer fan, but this polish is perfect. I love it so much. I use it on my toes almost every time I paint them, and I would use this colour every season to be honest. I just love this polish, and I had to mention it in this post. It is a red polish with goldy-orange shimmer.

OPI Steady As She Rose
This isn't really a rosy colour, but a very light, neutrally purple. This was also from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection (and I shamefully own every colour in that collection). I love this colour, but I don't reach for it as much. Maybe I'll branch out a little more in the coming months and get some use out of this colour.

OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? 
This is a perfect neutral colour for the nails. When I'm not feeling colour, this is my go-to polish (all year round, really) but it is perfect for autumn. To jazz it up, you can always add an accent nail.


L to R: OPI Mermaid's Tears, OPI Designer.. De Better!, Butter London Yummy Mummy, Butter London Artful Dodger, OPI Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs 


L to R: OPI The Spy Who Loved Me, OPI Steady As She Rose, OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? with Sportsgirl Nail It! All That Glitters, OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? (sorry about the quality of this one, it just wouldn't focus)

But below is how I've worn my nails for the last week, and you can see the Sportsgirl polish in action a lot better than above along with another gold glitter of mine, OPI When Monkey's Fly! 


I have OPI Mermaid's Tears on all my nails, and an accent featuring Sportsgirl Nail It! All That Glitters with OPI When Monkey's Fly!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and now that I have my beloved acrylics back I will be featuring more nail polish posts on this blog. I hope you're having a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment