Wednesday 15 May 2013

Essence Gel-Look Top Coat

I heard this mentioned in a video, and the next time I was in Priceline I decided to pick this up. From memory, it is around the $3.95 mark, and I was really excited to try this product out. It does sound like a promising product, but I was left really disappointed.


I attempted to use this product twice - last week when I first got it, and the other day. I applied two coats of OPI Steady As She Rose. My nails were completely dry before I attempted this top coat. It comes out really thick and it is hard to distribute the product because of the thickness - you just know you'll have to wait around forever for it to dry. I left my hands without touching a thing for over an hour, and this is what I was left with the next morning (just like the time before):



Every single nail had some sort of smudge or mark on it. It's really disappointing because I wanted this product to work. 

I think I'll attempt to use it one more time. Maybe a day where I have nothing to do and I can just wait around for the top coat to dry. Nonetheless, I was disappointed with this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment