Saturday 4 May 2013

ELF Cool Bronzer - review and swatches

A couple of weeks ago, Lipstick Republic was having a store wide sale, and I picked up this bronzer along with the Sleek Acid Palette - see review and swatches here. With the sale, the bronzer came to $4.79, which is pretty unbelievable for a bronzer in Australia. I picked this one over the warm bronzer, as I'm not the biggest fan of shimmery bronzers.




My initial thought of this product was "wow, it's too dark - how can I use this?". Personally, I wouldn't use this colour as a contour on my NC15 skin. However, as a bronzer, it works wonderfully when blended out. 

This product is pretty pigmented, and pretty dark. But it is so blendable. I easily blend it if I've put too much product on. Sometimes I like to use the lighter, left hand shades, but for the purposes of this post I've used the four shades mixed together. 


The above shot is the four shades swatched how they appear in the pan (without flash)


Above is the four shades swatched how they appear in the pan (with flash) 


Here I am wearing the bronzer all over, with flash


And here I am wearing the bronzer, without flash

I was a bit skeptical when I first saw this in the pan when I got it. I thought it was too dark, but after writing this review I think I'll definitely try to get a bit more use out of it. It is a good bronzer, and for the price you really can't go wrong. I'm happy with this purchase, and I recommend it if you're looking for a matte bronzer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment