Tuesday 30 April 2013

How to wear Lime Crime Serpentina lipstick


The Lime Crime website describes Serpentina as a "seductive deep emerald-green with a snake-like sheen. Think Poison Ivy!". Yes, think Poison Ivy! 



I decided if I was going to put on green lipstick, I was going to go all out, and chucked on some long falsies from MUA. I actually like how this turned out, but it's definitely not everyday makeup.

At first, I thought the NYX Seafoam Green eyeliner would be good to outline my lips, but the colour was too frosty in my opinion. Then I decided to try the Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in 031 Jungle Green, which worked well.


(L to R: Rimmel Jungle Green, NYX Seafoam Green, Lime Crime Serpentina)

This lipstick is quite bold, so some sort of lip liner needs to be used. I applied the Rimmel pencil on the outline of my lips and blended it in a little. I really like this colour, and I wish I was brave enough to wear it out (maybe someday...). I am very happy to have this in my lipstick collection. Maybe someone will have a dress-up party soon and I'll go as Poison Ivy! (I can hope)

So there you have it! If you own this lipstick, or something similar, I would recommend using a lip liner that somewhat matches the colour to give your lips a bit more definition and to have an outline to apply the colour. This is quite a fun colour! I love Lime Crime lipsticks, and I can't wait to get my hands on some more!

Thanks for reading guys xo

No comments:

Post a Comment