Thursday 9 May 2013

MAC RiRi Woo vs MAC Ruby Woo

MAC recently came out with the limited edition "RiRi Woo", a "revamp" of the classic Ruby Woo  done with Rihanna. I was skeptical at first, because I thought the colours would be very similar, but red is my favourite lip colour and honestly, and I can never have enough red. So I took the plunge and ordered it online on Friday. It came on Tuesday, which was super quick. The website describes this colour as a cool red with a matte finish.




Here it is in the tube. A bit of the product has leaked down as you can see, and the Rihanna's signature has been printed on the actual product, as opposed to the tube (which my Viva Glam Nicki has).


And here are the two next to eachother - RiRi Woo on the left, and Ruby Woo on the right. Straight off the bat, I think it's easy to see that RiRi Woo is a bit more vibrant than Ruby Woo.


So, I'm going to say it - on my lips, I couldn't tell the two apart. On the left half of my lips is Ruby Woo, and on the right side is RiRi Woo. 


And here is a swatch on my hand. 
L to R: Essence Lip Liner in 01 Femme Fatale, MAC Ruby Woo, MAC RiRi Woo

There is a slight difference between the two products that I can see, but in all honesty if you already own Ruby Woo, you don't need this. On the lips I really couldn't tell them apart. I'm glad to have it in my collection, and if I ever run out of Ruby Woo I have a back up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment