Thursday 29 August 2013

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Light in Purple - review and swatches

This was the first make up item I picked up when I landed in England. I have seen beauty youtubers use this colour tattoo for a while, and Australia doesn't seem to have it, so I was very excited to grab it. It's not an everyday kind of colour tattoo, but it is a duochrome blue/purple and looks gorgeous.

I just wanted to do a quick review and give some swatches for those interested.




Above is a swatch, a heavy swatch and one sheered out. It's hard to capture the duochrome effect, but you can see it is in between blue and purple in the swatches. 


Here I have it by itself, and I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics for the crease and highlight. You can definitely see more purple in this picture. 

I am very happy I picked this up, as I'm pretty sure this colour will never hit Australian shores (I also just did a quick google and almost 30 have been released in the USA, we've probably had a third of that in Australia - how disappointing!). I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, and this one doesn't disappoint! 

No comments:

Post a Comment