Thursday 29 August 2013

August Favourites

Time for favourites, yet again. I really have found some holy grail products this month!


Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Concealer Primer
For my birthday my lovely friends got my a gift voucher for Napoleon Perdis. I've never really dabbled in Napoleon, but I decided to go and pick up a few things, and I asked the lady if they had any good products for under eye creasing and she recommended this and another concealer. I've been a bit lazy with the concealer, as it is more a corrector and an extra step in my routine, BUT THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING. It hasn't completely stopped under eye creasing, but there is 90% less creasing when I use this product. Holy grail status right here. I know Smashbox does one also and I'll try that when I run out of this, but I absolutely adore this product!


Above is what the primer looks like (with flash). There is shimmer in the primer, to highlight, but once you apply concealer on top you don't see any shimmer.

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
It really was a toss up between this and Soft Ochre, but I opted for Painterly. I have really bad eyelids - they are hooded and they crease horribly - I have oily eyelids (although the rest of my face and body is dry) and this in combo with the hooded eyelids means a lot of creasing. This is a perfect primer/base. Every time I've used it I've had little creasing after 7+ hours (which is awesome for me). Maybelline Colour Tattoos work well as well, but sometimes I need a neutral base and this product is perfect. Highly recommend this to anyone with oily eyelids, or problems creasing.


Benefit They're Real Mascara
I got a sample size of this mascara in the Bronze of Champions kit (see review here). It is awesome! I don't have spectacular lashes, and while I find the plastic brush not as pleasant to use as typical mascara brushes, this mascara gives some amazing lashes.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
In all honesty, I didn't think I needed this palette. I have way too many neutral eyeshadows, but I am so happy I picked this up (see haul post here - a review will be coming soon!). This is a perfect palette. The matte shadows mean it is really versatile - crease work, transition work. It is the perfect addition to any palette really, and I've found myself reaching for this every time I do eyeshadow work. Even for a highlight shade with no shimmer, this palette gives two shades. I can't speak highly enough of this palette.


Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh EDT
I love this perfume! I've used a significant amount of it in the last month, because I've been reaching for it 3/7 days. I love the floral scent, and it is, well, so fresh! Definitely recommend this for those who love floral scents.

NYX Taupe Blush
For the first two weeks of August, this was my go-to contour shade. At the moment I have fake tan on, so this doesn't work well on tanner skin, but for pale girls this is an awesome contour shade!


Essence Match2Cover Cream Concealer
Since coming back from overseas, I have had pimples that won't go away. I don't know what it is. But this concealer is awesome at covering them up! I'm also sure this concealer is no more than $4, so I think it's a product worth checking out.


So in September, I'm going on a no-buy. 30 days, no purchasing makeup/skincare/haircare (unless I run out of something I drastically need, although I stocked up this week on those I was running out of so I doubt it). I want to do the Project 10 Pan, but I think this will be a really good test because I'm sure the Project 10 Pan will take at least 3 months to complete (maybe I'll do Project 5 Pan instead...). I still have some things coming in the post I ordered last week, which doesn't count because they weren't purchased in September! So it won't be so bad, I hope. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment