Wednesday 21 August 2013

Sleek Ultra Mattes VI Brights Palette - review and swatches

The day I finally got to go into Superdrug was a beautiful day. All the brands I can't get in a local store in Australia - Barry M, Sleek, Collection, and they were all there, waiting for me. It was a beautiful day. And when I had finally wandered over to the Sleek section, there was one Ultra Mattes Bright palette left (this has been sold out online for ages, and I wasn't willing to pay $30+ on eBay for it). The box looked a bit damaged, but I checked it and the palette wasn't broken, just a bit dirtied up. But I didn't care! I finally had it in my possession, hehe :') and now I will review this bright palette from Sleek. To see my review of the Acid palette, click here



This is the conventional Sleek packaging, a black matte case with the words "Sleek MakeUP" on the front. 


As you can see, a little worse for wear. The newer Sleek palettes now all come with names.


But I managed to clean the palette up quite nicely, and these colours are just beautiful. 

The colour pay off of these isn't amazing, which is a little disappointing. There are some with good colour payoff, although I'm not a big fan of the fallout.


Without a primer, the last three shades from the bottom hardly show up. The only noticeably pigmented shades are the green and blue from the second row, although they were rather chalky. 


With a primer, the pigmentation is a little better, but nothing super amazing. The green and blue from the second row appear even more chalky when swatched, although the orange shows up nicely, as does the yellow. 

Because this is a drugstore product, I don't expect the pigmentation to be amazing. Even the Acid Palette wasn't as amazing as I'd hoped, but the other two Sleek palettes I own - Storm and Au Naturel - have awesome pigmentation. In the summer, I think the best use I'd have out of these would be as an eyeliner, using something like Napoleon Perdis' Cake Eyeliner Sealer (which I picked up last week and will be reviewing soon). 

Although the pigmentation isn't the best, I'm still happy with this purchase. The colours in the palette are beautiful, and I will find ways to make it work. The purple in the top row is just beautiful, and I look forward to experimenting with it as an eyeliner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment