Monday 12 August 2013

Benefit The Bronze of Champions - review and swatches


This kit from Benefit is a purchase I made duty free while leaving London. In Australia, this retails for $59 and can be purchased from Myer and Benefit Boutiques. 




I was really excited about this purchase (I considered buying it a couple of months ago) because it features the Hoola bronzer, They're Real mascara, a Creaseless Cream eyeshadow and the Watts Up highlighter - all of which I've wanted to try. 


And here are some swatches (L to R: Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Bikini-tini, Longwear Powder Eyeshadow in Thanks a Latte!, Watt's Up highlighter, Hoola bronzer, and Hoola lip gloss) 


And here is the They're Real mascara brush - and I absolutely love this mascara!

After testing this kit out for the last three weeks, I'm glad I made this purchase. Kits like this are really good in that you are able to test out a few products, and although they may not be full size products, by the time you finish the smaller size you'll know if you want to purchase the full size. 

I've particularly enjoyed using the Watt's Up highlighter, and this will definitely be a repurchase when I am done with the one in the kit. I will repurchase the They're Real mascara, just when I'm done with all the mascaras I've accumulated over the last few months! 

I like the Hoola bronzer, but recently I purchased the NYX Taupe blush, and that has been my ideal contour shade. The Hoola bronzer however has no shimmer, and is therefore ideal as a contour shade and as a bronzer. 

I haven't had as much use as the Creaseless Cream shadow in Bikini-tini because it reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded that I purchased before my trip to England. I will however try to get some use out of this, and will possibly do a comparison post between the two in the future.

Thanks a Latte! is a lovely bronze eyeshadow, but how it is packaged is a little inconvenient and I will probably end up depotting this when I purchase a Z-palette. The staying power of this eyeshadow is awesome. 

For my birthday last week I received another Benefit kit, so look out for a review of that coming in the next few weeks! I hope you enjoyed this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment