Wednesday 28 August 2013

Sleek Face Form (Fair) vs. Sleek Contour Kit (Light)

The Sleek Face Form has been one of my favourite products since I've purchased it. I hardly use the blush though, so when I hit pan on the contour shade I thought repurchasing the whole thing would be a waste. However, Sleek have the Contour Kit which just has the contour and highlighter. I really wish Sleek would just release the contour shades by their own, they are awesome! When I was doing my research however, I couldn't find a comparison between the two, because the Face Form comes in Fair and then Light, whereas the Contour Kit only comes in Light. I thought I'd do a quick comparison post in case anyone else has the same issue I had.



On the top is the Sleek Contour Kit, and the bottom the Sleek Face Form 



Straight off the bat, you can see that the Face Form contour is much lighter than the Contour Kit (and that I've hit some serious pan in the Face Form contour)  


Above is the contour from the Face Form (Fair), and next to it is the contour for the Contour Kit (Light). There is a difference between the two, the Contour Kit contour is darker but it also appears more pigmented than the Face Form contour.


Above is both contours and highlighters. The highlighters in the pan appear the same, but like with the contours, the highlighter in the Contour Kit appears more pigmented. 

So in comparison, the Light contour is darker than the Fair, but if you're only able to get the Light and you're pretty pale, just use a lighter hand with it. The highlights are about the same, although the Light is more pigmented than the Fair, so again, use a light hand. Hope this post helps anyone with the same dilemma I had! 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for solving my dilemma: fair it is! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I prefer the Face Form in Fair, but I have completely demolished it almost! Depends on your skin tone, though :) I'm fairly light

      Delete
  3. Oh my god THANK you, I've been having this dilemma for ages and you have finally solved it! Fair it is as I'm super pale, especially atm Xx

    @annabeebeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. is the formula the same? if the colors are the same aka it comes in fair, which one would you pick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I find the formula is the same. I prefer fair for my skin tone :-)

      Delete