Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Favourites


This month I travelled to England, and it really made me appreciate some of my beauty products. I picked up quite a few new products, and although I packed more make up than was needed, I generally reached for the same products daily. At this time, it is winter in Australia and summer in England, so some of these products are favourites for summer, and not all-year round.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
This foundation is a little too light for me now, and I picked up a MAC foundation two shades darker while I was in England. However, I have a little bit of this left and I just wanted to finish it off while I was overseas. This foundation is good, but sometimes with my dry skin it's not the best combo. In summer, it works better than in the winter because my skin isn't as dry, and using a bit more moisturiser before applying it hasn't caused me too much distress. This is one of MAC's fuller coverage foundations, and once I'm finished with this bottle I don't know if I'll repurchase Studio Fix, stay with the one I just purchased or venture further out into the MAC foundation world. Nonetheless, this foundation served me well while I was overseas.

Rimmel Apocalips in 600 Nude Eclipse 
I ordered this off ASOS about a week before they were realised in Australia, and I'm very happy with the colour choice. It is an everyday nude lip colour, and I love the way it looks. My lips do need a bit of a scrub before using this as it settles on lines and dry parts, but I have no problem doing the extra work - the joys of dry skin and dry lips.

NARS Laguna Bronzer
I really have a love/hate relationship with this bronzer. I really dislike that it has shimmer in it, and I don't care what anyone says, you can see it, especially in the sun. In summer, we can get away with that - not so much in winter though. I used my Sleek Face Form to contour while I was away, but I used this as an all over bronzer and it worked well

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
THIS IS PROBABLY THE BEST PURCHASE I HAVE MADE IN A WHILE. I bought this before I left for England, and I am so glad I did. It is the fastest drying top coat I have ever tried, but it even dries the polish underneath. It is amazing.

YSL Parisienne Perfume 
I don't think I've included a perfume in a favourites yet. My all-time favourite perfume is Flowerbomb, but I had the smallest amount left and I didn't want to lug around the big bottle overseas just to finish it off. I purchased this perfume at the beginning of July, although I've had samples of it and I absolutely love it. It isn't an overpowering perfume, and I used this daily (although I had brought another perfume along for some variety).

Lush Ultrabalm 
I picked this up my first week in England. I get bad eczema, and this has basically cleared up my eczema along with my next favourite from Lush!

Lush Dreamwash Smoothie 
I bought this towards the end of June, and it has been wonderful to use on the eczema I have on my legs and arms. This is quite pricey in Australia, so I bought a back up while I was in England, which was 9 pounds or so - half of what it is in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment