Thursday 11 April 2013

NARS Exhibit A Blush - Review and Swatches

I've always wanted to own a NARS blush, but living in Australia - cosmetics are pricey, and NARS is no exception. I got this blush online, and trying a red blush intrigued me - I used a red eyeshadow last year as a blush for a dress up party, and it actually didn't look quite bad. So onto the review and swatches!




As you can see above, it is quite a bright, bold red and does look quite confronting in the pan. To me, it leans a bit orange, but when blended out it is definitely red. 

To apply the blush, I love the Sigma F50 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush




As you can see from the above swatch, the blush can be applied very lightly. Because of this, it is very buildable - but because it is such a bold colour, I only really want a light wash of it. I find the Sigma F50 a perfect brush to use to apply this blush. 


And here I am wearing the blush. At the moment, I'm a little bit more tan than I usually am. I think when I'm more pale in winter this blush will be perfect to add a nice flush of colour. 

Overall, I really like this blush. It has good staying power, and is a bit more unique than the typical blush colours that are widely available. It is a beautiful red, and I am very excited to get more use out of this colour - particularly in winter. 

I hope you enjoyed this review! What is your favourite NARS blush? 


No comments:

Post a Comment