Thursday 11 April 2013

MUA Undress Me Too Palette vs. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette


For over the past year, I have enjoyed using my Naked 2 Palette - for the first six months, almost on a daily basis. My favourite shade in the palette - Bootycall - which I love as an allover lid colour, has hit pan drastically, and Urban Decay do not sell singles of this shade. I do have the Naked 1 Palette, but I don't use it as much. When I saw this dupe palette by MUA, I had to purchase it, mainly for the possible dupe shade of Bootycall. My second most used shade in the Naked 2 is Snakebite.


In the photo above, the shades do look very similar. Sadly, the two shades I wanted to be similar in the Undress Me Too Palette (Bootycall and Snakebite), were the most disappointing. 


The first row is the first six shades of the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Foxy, Half-Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease and Snakebite. 
The second row is the first six shades of the MUA Undress Me Too Palette - Naked, Devotion, Shy, Fiery, Lavish and Dreamy.
The better dupes are that of Chopper (Fiery in MUA) and Tease (Lavish in MUA). Naked (the Foxy dupe) hardly shows up when swatched, but I'm not a big fan of Foxy as I find it too yellow to work with. Both Bootycall and Snakebite's dupes are not very good ones. Shy is more pink than Bootycall, and way more shimmery. Dreamy is not as dark as Snakebite, and leans more warm than Snakebite does.


The last six shades from each palette look more close to one another than the first six. The first row is the Urban Decay Naked 2 - Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted and Blackout. 
The second row is MUA Undress Me Too - Tranquil, Exposed, Reveal, Wink, Obsessed and Corrupt. 
Tranquil, Reveal, Wink and Corrupt are actually pretty good dupes for their Urban Decay counterparts. Exposed is a bit more lighter and more silvery than Pistol, and the colour payoff of Obsession means that while it is a very similar colour to Busted in the pan, it comes out very sheer and light when swatched. Corrupt is actually a very nice matte black shade, and even appeared darker than Blackout when swatched. It is quite powdery, but a good dupe. 

So is the MUA Undress Me Too Palette a good dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2?
I would say yes. The two shades I really wanted to have good dupes were a little disappointing, but on the other hand most of the colours in the MUA Undress Me Too Palette are very similar to their Urban Decay counterparts. The pigmentation isn't on Urban Decay standards for some of the shadows, but for the price you can't go wrong. At the beginning of 2012, I purchased my Naked 2 Palette from an Australian seller on eBay for around $70. I could have purchased it off beautybay, but the palette came in two days and since then I have bought from the seller over and over. The MUA palette on the other hand is £4, which works out to be $5.83. No where in Australia are you going to get eyeshadows like these for under $6. I have ordered from the MUA site twice now, and international shipping works out to be $10.95 (£7.50 each order). It's a good deal when you order a few things off the website. The first time I ordered it took almost a month to get my order (it was around Christmas), but when I ordered this palette and a few other things over a month ago (featured in this haul) it came in less than two weeks - which was a nice surprise!
Overall, I would recommend this palette for those that don't want to splurge on the Naked 2 Palette, but still want similar colours in their collection. I love my Naked 2 Palette, and prefer it over the Undress Me Too Palette, but the Undress Me Too Palette is a nice alternative.

I hope you enjoyed this review! And if anyone knows of a good dupe for Bootycall, can they please let me know?! Thank you for reading guys xo


No comments:

Post a Comment