Friday 19 April 2013

MAC Spoiled Rich Quad - review and swatches

The recent MAC Archie Girl's Collection that has come out featured two eyeshadow quads - Caramel Sundae and Spoiled Rich. I picked up Spoiled Rich, as it is was the one that appealed to me with it's beautiful purple shadows.



See how adorable the limited edition Archie's Girls packaging is?!


And see how pretty the eyeshadows are?! The palette comes with four shades - Pin Up Purple, a frost finish, Spoiled Rich, also a frost finish, Ron Ron Run, a satin finish, and Gravel, a matte finish.


The first row is the eyeshadows swatched without primer or a base. The second row is the shadows on top of Urban Decay Primer Potion, and the third row is the shadows on top of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. The shadows performed better on top of the UDPP, which I always use when doing eyeshadow looks. To be honest, without a primer the eyeshadows are a little disappointing. The purples don't look pigmented at all.


Here I am with all of the shadows on. I used Pin-Up Purple all over the lid, Spoiled Rich in the outer corner, Ron Ron Run in the outer corner and in the crease and a little bit of Gravel in the outer corner to deepen the eye look. I really, really, really like the look of Ron Ron Run. I didn't think I'd get much use out of it compared to the other colours, but it looks so beautiful on the lid. The eyeshadows appeared much more pigmented on the lid, but I did pack them on quite a bit.

Overall, I am happy with this purchase. The eyeshadows aren't as pigmented as I would expect from MAC, but I still like them. This palette retails for $72 in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment