Monday 22 April 2013

Sleek Acid Palette - review and swatches

When Lipstick Republic was having a 20% store wide sale, I decided to pick up two things (see haul here), one of them being Sleek's Acid Palette. The palette came to $11.96. The neon colours appealed to me most in this palette, as I don't have anything like it in my collection.


The palette is a matte black case excluding the "Sleek MakeUP" lettering, which is shiny. The back of the palette identifies it as the Acid Palette. It also comes with a double-ended sponge tip applicator. 


And here are the beautiful shadows! The two blue shadows at the end of the palette are the shades that excited me the most when I first opened this palette.


Above is the first three shades of the first row - a darker pink, a white (lol), and a neon yellow - the top is swatched alone, the bottom is on top of Urban Decay Primer Potion. 


Above is the last three shades of the first row - a neon orange, a darker shimmery blue and a lighter shimmery blue (which is extremely pigmented - with or without a primer)
[I don't know what happened here - I tried to retake this photo so many times and it still came out looking yellowy]


Here is the first three shades of the second row - a darker purple, a mossy green and a neon pink. The use of a primer didn't show an extreme difference in these three shades, but it did help the colour payoff a bit. 


And lastly, the last three shades of the second row. A neon green, a smokey looking blue/silver shade, and a black. The use of the primer did offer more colour payoff. 

The white eyeshadow doesn't show up at all, with or without the UDPP. Besides this, the neon yellow in my opinion is the least pigmented, and even with the help of the UDPP it doesn't appear very pigmented. Perhaps on a base it would show up a little better. However, for the price I really can't fault it.

I personally love the two blue shadows at the end of the first row. They are pigmented, with or without a primer. I wouldn't mind paying the $11.96 I did just for those two shades.

Overall, I am pleased with this palette. Because it is drugstore, I wasn't really expecting the neon shades to be amazing, but the neon green and orange in particularly show up pretty well with the use of an eyeshadow primer. I'm glad to add this to my eyeshadow collection, and I look forward to getting some use out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment