Saturday 20 April 2013

Coastal Scents Eclipse Palette 15 Concealer Shades - review and swatches

About two months ago, I decided to finally place an order on Coastal Scents. The products are cheap, and the reviews not so bad, so I decided to give it a go. I ended up just purchasing one product to try out, because the shipping was weight based and I didn't want to end up spending too much when there were other products I wanted to purchase (heheh). Concealer is something I'm not in excess off, and I like doing people's make up, so I thought the Eclipse Palette, which contains fifteen concealer shades, would be a good product to try out.



So the palette comes in a box like this, and the back packaging lists the ingredients and has a picture of the product.


And above are the products, fifteen shades - one highlighting shimmery shade, a green shade to counteract redness, a lavender shade to correct yellowness, and the Coastal Scents website says that the yellow shade can conceal black, blue or purple imperfections. The eleven other shades are concealer shades, ranging from light to dark. The lightest concealer shade in this palette is even too light for me - which means I'm not as pale as I thought!

I've been using the palette on and off since I got it. I've tried contouring with the darker shades, which hasn't turned out too bad and is a good experiment. The only thing I don't like about this palette is the highlighting shade - I do not like extremely shimmery highlighters. 


Above swatches is the highlighter shade, the green colour corrector, the purple and the yellow. They are quite pigmented (except the highlight shade, but it doesn't look too bad swatched). 


Above are the lighter shades of the palette. I find that working the concealer with fingers as opposed to brushes warms it up and makes it easier to apply - and easier to swatch! 


And these are the darker colours of the concealer palette. You can see, especially with the darker colours, that the concealer shades lean a bit orangey, or salmon coloured. Salmon coloured concealers are good to cover under eye circles, but I really don't find these concealer shades are particularly good for under eye circles. On me, it creases, even when I set it with a powder. If I know I only need the makeup on for a few hours I will use this, but if I need my makeup on all day (i.e. at work) I won't use this under my eyes. I do use it for redness and blemishes, almost on a daily basis.

Overall, I'm really happy to have this in my collection. It will suit quite a range skin tones, and the colour correctors are good if you don't have any in your collection. I don't regret this purchase. I paid around $30 for the palette and the shipping to Australia. The palette came in under two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment