Monday 15 April 2013

Mini Haul - Lipstick Republic

Last week, Lipstick Republic was having a 20% off store wide sale and I had to purchase something. At the moment, I'm trying to save money, so I'm not allowing myself to spend money on make up (it's not going too well), but I decided to purchase two things that I've really wanted for a while, while the sale was on. Lipstick Republic stocks some international brands (Sleek, ELF, OCC for example) that are really hard to get in Australia.


I ordered the ELF Cool Bronzer, and the Sleek Acid Palette. Two NYX pencils in Gold and Seafoam Green were also thrown into my order, which is awesome because I don't own a shimmery green, nor a gold eye liner. I think the green will also work well with my Lime Crime Serpentina lipstick - I might do a tutorial with these two sometime soon, as I'm yet to really test out Serpentina.


Above is the ELF Cool Bronzer. I chose this bronzer over the Warm Bronzer as the Warm Bronzer has shimmer and I don't like shimmery bronzers for contouring. I will have a review coming up on this product when I get more use out of it. One thing that surprised me with this product is its size - it's actually really huge, and much larger than I thought it would be. 


The Sleek Acid Palette is something I never really wanted until recently. I have the Sleek Au Natural Palette, which I really like. I didn't think the neon colours were practical, but the two shimmery blue colours look amazing in the pan. I'm actually really excited to try out the neon colours, and I really don't have anything like this in my collection so for the $11 or so dollars it worked out to be, I can't really fault this purchase. Look out for swatches in the coming days! 

And that's my mini haul! I really recommend checking out Lipstick Republic. This is the third time I've ordered from the site, and every time I do some freebie has been chucked into the package, and I always enjoy using the products.  The shipping is relatively cheap (around $7) and the order comes within a few days - I ordered mine around midnight on Wednesday night and this arrived this morning. I do believe there is also an express option for shipping. 

Thanks for reading xo

No comments:

Post a Comment