Sunday 24 July 2016

Sportsgirl Lip Chalk Matte Lip Cream - Vertigo - review and swatches

I've not tried much of the Sportsgirl makeup, but every time I go in, I love to look at the makeup. A couple of weeks ago I went into a store and saw they had Matte Lip Creams (and instantly I was excited). Vertigo is the type of colour that I have been loving the last year - a medium brown (and would be a lovely nude on deeper skin tones). The liquid lipstick was $9.95, and can be purchased in store or online. This product comes with 9 grams of product. 





(The swatch of Vertigo does appear a bit patchy in places, but this is not how it appears on the lips)

If you're not a fan of liquid lipsticks, they did have this shade available as a regular lipstick - I swatched the two next to each other in store, and they were the same shade, just different finishes. The lipstick is described as a matte finish, but is definitely more creamier, and does not have the liquid lipstick matte finish.

I really like this liquid lipstick. It does have a smell that I find similar to the Australis Velourlips, but disappears quite quickly. The formula is quite thin for a liquid lipstick, but I find it doesn't dry my lips out at all - it is about average for liquid lipsticks. The website shows seven different shades, and I might go in store and swatch Sandstorm (describe as a nude) and Brownie (described as a chocolate), as these two out of the collection seem like colours I will get a lot of use out of. I would definitely recommend taking a look into these products when you're next in Sportsgirl.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment