Monday 4 July 2016

Australis Take Me On Tour Contouring & Highlighting Kit - review and swatches

I am very confused because I cannot find this product anywhere! I was in Kmart a few months ago and they had one of these kits left on the shelf so I decided to pick it up, and I'm so glad I did. From the research I've done online, it looks like the Australis Take Me On Tour Contouring & Highlighting Kit is a Kmart exclusive palette. This retails for $12.75 (and I have seen it recently, so it should still be available).



The kit comes with three contouring and highlighting shades - a light banana yellow highlight powder, a shimmery pink highlight powder, and a cool tone contour powder. I do own the original Australis AC On Tour Contouring and Highlighting Kit (unfortunately I dropped mine and only 3 shades remain), but I still have the yellow and the middle contouring shade (which I find the most comparable to this palette) for comparison purposes. 


(Without flash)


(With flash)


(L to R, how the shades appear in the palette)

To be honest, I think this palette is worth it just for the contour shade. I find it ten times more blendable than the complimenting contour shade in the bigger kit, and I reach for this shade 9/10 times when I do my makeup. On my NC15 skin tone, this is the perfect contour shade. I believe there is a different formulation between the two kits as I find the smaller kit much more blendable. 

I've never been a fan of the highlight shimmery shades that come in these types of palettes, as I find they're generally not the best quality nor what I am looking for in a highlight. But as I've said, I find this palette is worth it just for the contour shade. 



(L to R: Australis Take Me On Tour Banana Shade, Australis AC On Tour Banana Shade, Australis Take Me On Tour Contour Shade, Australis AC On Tour Middle Contour Shade)

Overall, if you see this palette, I would recommend picking it up. If the banana shade is the shade that interests you the most, I know Australis now does this as a single product in a bigger pan that can be purchased separately. 

Thanks for reading, 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment