Sunday 5 June 2016

Project 10 Pan - Introduction

I have wanted to do a Project 10 Pan for quite a while. I have previously attempt one a few years ago, but that did not go down too well. I will not buy any products (unless they are limited edition), until these ten products are used up. Can I just say, it is so ridiculously hard to come up with ten products you want to use up? I have been going over the products I own for weeks and finally have come up with 10 products.

So these are the ten products I've come up with...


1. L'Oreal Nude Magique Foundation in 120 Ivory 
I do really like this foundation, but I haven't reached for it for a while. This is actually the second bottle I have purchased of this foundation, so there is not much progress with this one so far.

2. NYX HD Concealer in Fair
I like this concealer, but find it hard to wear with glasses. I will try use a little bit daily on top of my MAC Prolongwear (or underneath), and hopefully I will be able to use it up.

3. Rimmel Soft Khol Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in 011 Sable Brown 
This is an older eye liner pencil in my collection, and because it is a brown, I figure it will be less harsh than black for day-time, work appropriate looks.


4. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
I actually own three of these, so I've decided to try and use one up. Before I discovered MAC Painterly Paint Pot, this was my go to eye base. I'm sure if I start wearing eyeshadow to work more frequently, I will be able to use this one up.


5. Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette - Fair
As you can see from the photo below, I have used up a significant amount of the contour shade and hit pan on it. I believe this will be the hardest product in this Project 10 Pan to conquer. I would like to hit pan on both the highlight and blush shade. I've hardly made a dent in either product, so it will be great to monitor my progress on this one. This was actually one of the first products I reviewed on my blog, and if you are interested, you can see the post here.


6. bareMinerals Marvellous Moxie Lipstick in Make Your Move 
I received a sample of this lipstick in a Mecca Beauty Loop Box. It is a nice, neutral everyday colour, so I don't think it will be too hard to use up.


7. ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in 'Glow' 
This shadow is matte, light beige, so think it will be a good base on top of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. If I don't want to wear much eyeshadow, I could just use this as an allover eye colour with some shadow in the crease.



8. Lady Gaga 'Fame' EDP
I actually own a small bottle of this perfume that I keep in my handbag, so I would like to use this one up. I have had this bottle for about two years, so I'd like to use this up before the perfume goes off.

9. Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown
I've had this brow gel for a while, and would just like to use it up. The brush is in a weird ball shape, which I probably will cut, but I do quite like this brow gel. There are a few more brow gels I want to trial out, so I'd like to use this one up before doing so.

10. ELF Cream Eyeliner in Coffee 
This is a matte brown cream eyeliner. I thought a brown would be easier to use up than a black, as I could apply this lightly as a brown base, or as an eyeliner.

I have marked on the L'Oreal Nude Magique Foundation, NYX HD Concealer and Lady Gaga Fame my starting point for reference photos in future posts.

Here is my starting point with the Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal in Sable Brown, bareMinerals Marvellous Moxie Lipstick in Make Your Move and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk:


The rules of the Project 10 Pan challenge are simple - no buying makeup until you've used up (or hit pan on) the ten products. I will say that if there is anything limited edition that comes out that I want, I will allow myself to buy it - and if I run out of anything that I don't have a replacement or back up for, I can repurchase. I do think the Sleek Face Form palette will be the hardest to hit pan on - and it might take quite a few months- but I hope I am able to do so (I might even try use up the contour shade completely).

Wish me luck! (and thanks for reading),
X

No comments:

Post a Comment