Friday 24 June 2016

Lime Crime Teddy Bear Velvetine - review and swatches

I purchased the Lime Crime Velvetine in Teddy Bear when it was first released on Makeupnet a couple of months ago. This product retails for $29AUD on Makeupnet and can be purchased here.


Lime Crime describes this shade as a "lilac brown". When this shade first started popping up on social media, I was instantly drawn to it. I have really been loving brown lips lately, and this shade is no exception. 


Lime Crime Velvetines were the first liquid lipstick I tried, and they do have a special place in my heart. The formulation of these liquid lipsticks is one of my favourite. In saying that, I do find the formulation of Teddy Bear to be a little different to others that I own. While other Velvetines will stay in place, even when I have something to eat or drink, this one definitely does move and fade away, especially in the centre. This formula does not layer as well as the others I own. While this is somewhat displeasing as I own quite a few Lime Crime Velvetines and this has not happened with any of the others, I am just conscious when I wear this product that I will have to take reapply if I am eating or drinking. The shade is beautiful, so this is a little sacrifice I am willing to make. If this shade is interesting to you, I would definitely recommend picking it up! I do not find the formula of Lime Crime Velvetines drying at all.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment