Saturday 11 June 2016

ColourPop x KathleenLights Where The Night Is - review and swatches

I picked this quad up when it came out a few months ago, but unfortunately I have been quite behind on my blogging this year. This quad is still available from ColourPop for $20USD, so I thought it would be worthwhile putting my review up, should anyone be interested. 






(L to R: Weenie, Porter, Telepathy, Midnight)

Weenie is described as "a pinky rose gold with a pearlised finish". 
Porter is described as "a warm burgundy with multi-dimensional gold glitter on top in a metallic finish". 
Telepathy is "a bright gold with a green undertone in an ultra-metallic finish". Telepathy is my favourite shadow out of the bunch, due to it being a very unique shade in my collection. 
Midnight is described as "a black undertone with a tonne of gold glitter on top in a metallic finish". 

I'm really happy that this set did not come with any matte shadows. This quad is aimed at night time looks, which explains the shimmery and fun shades. The ColourPop matte shadows are good, but because of the formulation of ColourPop shadows (an almost mousse/cream type texture that drys to a powdery finish), I find they are easier to use as allover lid shades, and not transition/crease shades (which a lot of matte shades tend to be used as). 

One great thing about the release of this collection, is now you have the option of purchasing shades individually, as opposed to the whole set. This goes for both this quad, and the Where The Light Is quad (see my review here). This meant I was able to pick up a second Blaze, which is one of my all time favourite bronze eyeshadows. The shadows retail singularly for $5USD, and the quad is $20USD, so the price has not been amped up should you just want to purchase one shade on its own. 

If you haven't tried ColourPop shadows, I would definitely recommend them. They really make an eye look pop, especially those shadows with a metallic or ultra-metallic finish.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment