Wednesday 30 December 2015

Kat Von D Lolita Lip Duo - review and swatches

On my first trip to Sephora, I was finally able to look at Kat Von D products in store. I have been interested in the Kat Von D eyeshadow palettes (Shade & Light Eye Contour, I'm coming for you) and the liquid lipsticks. I have read and seen swatches of Lolita, and when I saw this cute little duo featuring Lolita and Lolita II, it was the perfect excuse to pick it up.




I don't find the consistency of these liquid lipsticks as thick as some others, like the ColourPop Ultra Matte or the Australis Velourlips, which means they aren't as drying. You can also layer the products without it cracking or causing any issues. However, because they are thinner in consistency, they are not as long lasting - if I have been eating anything with the ColourPop on my lips (bar anything too greasy which breaks the product), it will still be on my lips afterwards. With this product, it does break away, especially in the middle. But because you are still able to layer the product without any issue, it doesn't really phase me at all. With other brands, like ColourPop, I would need to remove all traces of the product from my lips before being able to reapply. 


(L to R: Lolita & Lolita II)

I picked up this duo from Sephora in store for $30. Unfortunately I cannot find it online, so it looks like it can only be purchased from Sephora stores. I really enjoy wearing both lip colours, and because they are neutral shades, I find them work appropriate too. Because they are a liquid lipstick, they dry down to a matte and are generally more long lasting - just remember to check in a mirror after eating, as you probably will need to reapply. I'm definitely looking forward to trying more of these liquid lipsticks. 

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment