Saturday 12 December 2015

NARS x Steven Klein One Shocking Moment Cheek Studio Palette

If there is one thing I completely fall in love with, it is NARS cheek palettes. To be honest, I don't think I'd ever just purchase one blush by itself (they do retail for $42 each at Mecca), but when NARS releases them as a set like this, it definitely intrigues my interest. This palette retails for $100 from Mecca Cosmetica and Mecca Maxima, and it is limited edition.



This palette comes with two contour shades, a bronzer, and four blushes.

The first two shades in the palette are from the Contour Blush Duo in Paloma. The highlight shade in this duo is 2.7g, while the contour is 5.5g.  In this palette, there is 3.5 g of product in both the highlight and contour shade. The Paloma Highlight is a pale beige, with a matte finish. I find it works wonderfully as an undereye setting and highlight shade. The two contour and highlight shades are available as part of the permanent NARS collection as a duo, so if only the contour shades interest you in this palette, you would be able to purchase it separately. At Mecca, this retails for $62. I quite enjoy the light highlighting shade for setting under my eyes, and the darker contour works well on my light skin.

The Laguna Bronzer included in this palette is actually larger than the full size you can purchase. The one in this palette is 8.5g, whereas the one you can purchase all year round is 8g. I have purchased this bronzer on it's own - and only have the tiniest bit left, and it is in the other NARS Cheek Palette I purchased a few years ago (with drastic pan), so this is another welcome cheek product included in this palette.

I think NARS blush palettes are my favourite type of palettes. Each pan of blush in this palette has 3.5g worth of product, with a full size NARS blush having 4.8g. This palette comes with four blush shades - two limited edition shades, Robotic and Blasphemy, and two permanent shades, Luster and Dolce Vita. Robotic is a light medium pink, with a cool undertone, with silver flecks. Blasphemy is a medium rosy pink, also with flecks. Luster is a warm toned orange blush with gold shimmer. This blush is honestly gorgeous - it looks amazing on my light complexion. This is the star of the palette for me. Dolce Vita is a medium plum toned blush with gold shimmer.


(L to R: Paloma Highlight, Paloma Contour, Laguna Bronzer, Robotic, Blasphemy, Luster, Dolce Vita)

I really like that this palette has the names of each product on the back - it definitely makes it super easy. The One Night Stand Palette I have from a few years ago (see review here), I only know a few shade names by heart, and the rest I'd have no clue, because the information is not on the back of the palette.

Overall, I think this product is my favourite holiday release of 2015. It's not the cheapest product, but I believe it is great value for money. The packaging is sturdy, with a nice mirror. 2015 has been the year of the blush for me - I've never really been a big blush fan, but this year it definitely has grown on me. I really recommend the sets like this that NARS brings out from time to time. I definitely want to add the mini lipstick set from the Steven Klein Collection to my stash.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment