Tuesday 22 December 2015

Dupe for MAC Velvet Teddy (MAC Velvet Teddy vs Too Faced Melted Chihuahua)

MAC Velvet Teddy is my absolute favourite lipstick. It is a medium toned nude, and complements my light complexion nicely. I recently acquired a mini size of the Too Faced Melted Chihuahua, which upon swatching I thought was a really similar shade to MAC Velvet Teddy. Here I have a mini comparison between the two.



The MAC is definitely more matte, whereas the Too Faced is more "glossy" - I say "glossy", as it does dry down to a semi-matte, but doesn't look as matte on the lips as the MAC.


(L: MAC Velvet Teddy, R: Too Faced Melted Chihuahua)

The MAC lipstick comes with 3g of product, and retails for $36 in Australia. The Too Faced comes with 12mL of product, and currently retails for $30 in Australia. The lipsticks are a different finish overall, but I find the shade quite similar and think it is a great alternative - and you are receiving more product with the Too Faced compared with the MAC. I still do reach for my Velvet Teddy rather than the Too Faced, as I find Velvet Teddy lasts longer on the lips. 


(L: Too Faced Melted Chihuahua, R: MAC Velvet Teddy)

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment