Sunday 27 December 2015

Benefit Real Cheeky Party Blush Palette - review and swatches

Benefit Coralista is one of my favourite Benefit blushes, and when I saw this set I knew I had to purchase it. This was $69 from Myer Benefit Counters, but you can now purchase it for just under $50 - click here to see if it is available in a store near you. This set features 4 blush shades, 1 bronzer shade, a cream highlighter, mini mascara and mini gel liner. 




Along with having my favourite blush shade, Coralista, Rockateur was included in this palette, which I have wanted to try since it's release, but really haven't been interested in paying $50 for one blush. Surprisingly enough, Dandelion has become my favourite pick out of this whole palette - it does appear to have some micro shimmer in it, but once on the face it is relatively matte and quite a natural colour. Dandelion is described as a "sheer, ballerina pink". Rockateur is a rose-gold shade, and I think I will get more use out of this one in the cooler months as it is a bit darker, but it is a lovely blush colour and I'm glad it was included in this set. Sugarbomb is a mixture of peach, soft plum, rose and pink, and when swirled it appears a bit softer in tone to Coralista. This is a fun summer colour. Hoola is the bronzer shade in the palette, and a lovely shade for light-medium skin tones. It is a matte bronzer, not too warm, and a great option for contouring. Coralista in this palette is a little bit chalky. I've never owned the full size of Coralista, I've had it a few times as a deluxe size like this in different palettes, but to me this time around it is quite an underwhelming formulation. It definitely requires a bit more to make it work, but still one of my favourites. Coralista, as the name suggests, is a beautiful coral shade.



(L to R: Dandelion, Rockateur, Sugarbomb, Hoola, Coralista)



I do own a mini sample of the Benefit Watts Up! in stick form, but do prefer it like this in a pot. This is a cream highlighter, and is a champagne shade. The packaging it is in can be removed from the palette in a little compact, which makes it great for travel!


Last we have two other minis - They're Real Mascara, and They're Real Push-Up Liner. I have owned the They're Real mascara before, so I won't be opening this one up until I've used the mascaras I do have opened, but I do enjoy this mascara. The They're Real Push-Up Liner is quite an interesting concept, but I have struggled with it so far. I will give it a few more tries, but the Essence liner I use is super easy, and lasts just like a gel anyway!

I believe I will end up depotting the blushes in this palette as the packaging is quite bulky, and I'm sure I can repurpose the packaging for something else.

If you've been interested in trying out the Benefit blushes, I would recommend looking into this palette - and more so now that it is at a reduced price. The blushes are not full size, and are considered "medium size", except Rockatuer, which is a full size product (5g of product). Sets like this are real value for money, and I'm glad I now have a majority of the Benefit blushes in my collection.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment