Thursday 24 December 2015

Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor Lipstick - review and swatches

My boyfriend purchased this lipstick for me because he is a sailor. I'd not really heard much about Lipstick Queen before I was gifted this lipstick, but now I own three of their lipsticks and adore them. See my review of the Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope in Brat Pack here. This lipstick is housed in a navy blue tube, and is blue in colour.




Lipstick Queen describes this one as follows:

"Turn the blackberry lip trend on its head with this ultra-modern, navy blue sheer lipstick. In a nod to the nautical, Hello Sailor tints lips in a cool, berry tone with a hint of sapphire. The sheer blue pigment is suspended in a protective Vitamin E treatment that can be worn alone as a nourishing lip tint or teamed with its Berry sisters in Saint or Sinner, to add a topaz glint to your berry lips"

The lipstick turns a sheer plum/purple/blackberry on the lips, and it is super moisturising (contains pure Vitamin E). And because the lipstick is blue toned, your teeth appear whiter. 

This lipstick currently retails for $37 from Mecca Maxima. For a sheer every day colour, this is a great choice. On my lips, it is a sheer plum, and definitely work appropriate. It adds a nice tint to your lips but isn't confronting at all (for those that are scared of purple lips). Essentially, this product is a tinted moisturising lip treatment. I also have the Lipstick Queen Queen Bee, which is a similar product to this. Both these lipsticks are super moisturising, and I believe this product is a great choice for the cooler months - not only is it super moisturising, but the shade is a great shade for the cooler months. 


If you are able to head into Mecca to swatch this, I would recommend it. It is an interesting product, and it might surprise you. It has just enough amount of pigment to transform your lips into a lovely blackberry tone.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment