Sunday 3 January 2016

Top 15 of 2015

I feel like 2015 just flew by. It was one of the most challenging years of my life, and I am happy to see it go. So today, I bring you my Top 15 of 2015 - in no particular order.



Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
This palette is absolutely beautiful. When I do makeup on people, this is the palette I reach for 90% of the time. Marzipan is a beautiful allover lid colour, and Creme Brulee is a stunning gold. I have made a significant dent in Milk Chocolate, which I love to use as a transition shade, and the shimmery highlight, Champagne Truffle is a beautiful shimmery shade (and can even be used as a highlight on the face). If I was to travel, this would be the palette I would take with me. It has the right amount of shimmer and mattes, and all the shadows are beautiful. I highly recommend this palette. I will eventually have a comparison post between the Chocolate Bar Palette and the Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette up on the blog.

MAC Velvet Teddy
This has been my go-to colour for the better half of the year. I have purchased a back up of this, as I am nearly out of mine. It is a medium nude, and looks beautiful on my light skin, but would work on many skin tones. It is a pricey lipstick, but the MAC matte lipsticks are my favourite conventional lipstick, and it lasts for hours on the lips. If I'm wearing a nude lipstick, 80% of the time it is this.

Chi Chi Super CC Cream
This is my favourite base product from this year (and probably all time). The shade is great for my skin tone, and you get a lot of product - the tube comes with 50g! I've had it for quite a few months and will need to purchase a back up shortly. It is light-medium coverage, and if you're able to get this in your shade, I would recommend it. It is hydrating as it is a CC cream, and my dry skin looks fabulous with it. Highly recommend this.

OPI You're Such a Budapest  
This OPI nail polish has been on my nails 50% of the year. It is the most perfect periwinkle purple.

Kit Cosmetics Salted Caramel Candle
I don't currently have this candle, but it is one of my absolute favourite candles. This is the only sweet candle I actually enjoy. Usually, sweet candles are too sickly for me, but this candle smells like heaven. Absolutely adore this candle. When I've burnt through 2 more candles, I will repurchase this.

Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor & Queen Bee
I'm going to group these two together because they are a similar product, just a different shade. Essentially, they are a tinted lip stick, that are super moisturising. In the colder months, these are bomb lip products. My boyfriend also gifted me with Medieval for Christmas, so I will have a review up of it soon. For a review of Hello Sailor, see here.

Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation 
This powder is absolutely heavenly on my face. It isn't the cheapest face powder, but it doesn't dry my skin out at all. It also smells like chocolate, so who can really complain? I would recommend checking out this powder - oily and dry skin alike!

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Where has this mascara been all my life???? I don't have the most fabulous lashes. They are short, okay at holding a curl, but nothing amazing. Enter the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I love this mascara. If you haven't tried this mascara out, please, do your self a favour and try it. Your mascara game will change completely. The first time I wore this mascara, my friend asked me if I was wearing falsies. Enough said!

LA Girl Pro Conceal in Classic Ivory
MAC Prolongwear Concealer is still one of my all time favourite undereye concealers, but for the last 2 or so months of 2015, I have really enjoyed this concealer. The shade I have is quite pink in tone and thus amazing at covering dark circles.

Chi Chi Brow Pomade 
I have two shades - Taupe and Dark Brown. When my roots were a lot lighter (I have a belayage blonde happening), Taupe was a good shade, but now that my roots are a lot darker, I find Dark Brown the better option. To see my review of Taupe, please click here. A comparison of the two will be up on the blog shortly.

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap
In the cooler months, this is the ultimate perfect lip shade. It is a cool toned nude. The formula lasts on your lips for ages, is a little drying, but not too extreme. These products retail for $6US, and they have a heap of shades as well. I have two reviews up of different shades - see review 1 (Trap is mentioned) and review 2.

NARS Steven Klein One Shocking Moment Cheek Palette 
This, of course, is a favourite from the last couple of months of 2015. The highlight shade in this palette is my favourite to put under my eyes. See my review of the palette here. The palette contains a massive Laguna, beautiful blush shades, and a nice contouring and highlighting duo. If you can still pick this up, I would highly recommend it.

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP
This perfume was a gift for my 23rd birthday this year. I've never been too interested in Chanel scents, but this scent is so feminine. I've used a quarter of the bottle in five months, so it definitely has been used a lot this past year.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion Plus
This moisturiser has been a favourite for years. It is super moisturising, works well in the summer and winter months, and always leaves my skin feeling hydrated.

ColourPop Blaze Super Shock Shadow
This eyeshadow was part of the Kathleenlights Where the Light Is quad, but can now be purchased individually (I have placed an order with ColourPop and one is on it's way to me). See review of quad here. This is the most perfect bronzey, glittery shadow. Because it is a ColourPop eyeshadow, it is super pigmented and one of my favourite go to bronzes (next to Urban Decay Smog, nothing will ever remove that as my number 1 bronze).

And those are my favourites of 2015!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment