Tuesday 28 January 2014

MAC Guilty Passions Brilliantly Cool Crushed Metallic Pigments - review and swatches

For Christmas, my friend gifted me this set of pigments from the Estee Lauder corporate store. This was from a collection in late 2012, and while not readily available anymore, I thought I'd do a quick swatch post on it anyway as this is my first experience with pigments.






(L to R: She's Got Class, Spruced, Moss Garden, I've Got A Crush On You)

She's Got Class is a silver white metallic. It is the sheerest out of the lot when swatched dry.
Moss Garden is my favourite shade out of the four. It is a green with some teal in it. I love applying a bit of this to the bottom lash line to add a pop of colour. 


Spruced is a pale green, that has a grey tinge. I don't have a shade like this in my collection, so it is quite unique in my eyes.
I've Got A Crush On You is a green-brown duo chrome. I have pressed shadows similar to this, but it is quite a lovely shade and I cannot wait to experiment with this. 

These pigments are beautiful, and I am happy to add them to my collection (I was like a child opening a present from Santa when I got these!). Pigments aren't the easiest to work with because they are loose, but you can use them wet or dry and it is quite fun to play around with them! If you like experimenting with makeup, I definitely recommend a set like this (they tend to come out around holiday time). And that is my quick post on these pigments! I definitely have to make a trip to MAC soon to pick up some more pigments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment