Monday 16 December 2013

The Perfect Palette Tag

I wanted to put a post up tonight, and I thought I may as well do a tag post! Hope you enjoy reading, and get to know what palettes I love and adore a little better! 

1. Best Packaging

This has to go to the Clarins Splendours Colour Quartet and Liner Eye Palette (see review here). The MAC Spoiled Rich Quad from the Archie's Girls collection comes at a close second (see review here), I loved the packaging of the whole collection! 




2. Best Color Payoff

Hmmm, this is a hard one. Each palette I have does have its downfall. But I'd probably go with my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, because I find the shimmery shades in the palette perform amazingly, and the matte shadows are much more pigmented and not as powdery as others of Urban Decay's matte shades (I really can't get the matte shades from the original Naked to work well).  

For the price though, you can't go wrong with Sleek palettes! They are amazingly pigmented, especially the shimmery shades. For a beginner, I'd recommend trying some of the palettes from Sleek. 

3. Most Versatile


The Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette is the most versatile palette I own (see review here). It can accompany any palette, and you can create whole looks - even fill in your brows if the shades match - because the shadows are mostly matte (only one shimmery shade, which I use as a highlighter). 

4. Best for Traveling


Hmm, I'd again say the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. You can create many looks using the one palette, I highly recommend checking it out! Do not regret purchasing it at all. 

5. Biggest Regret


While I love the packaging of the MAC Spoiled Rich Quad, I hardly ever reach for the palette and the shades were a little disappointing. I also regret the MUA palettes I have purchased, although the price of them is nowhere near that of MAC shadows and palettes. 

6. Best Colour Names


I love the names in the original Urban Decay Naked Palette. I also love the names in the Naked 2, but the ones in the original Naked Palette seem to fit the theme of 'naked' better.

7. Least Used


Of my high end palettes, I would say the Urban Decay Fifteenth Anniversary Palette. It is a lovely palette, but I hardly reach for it. It is all shimmer, minus the matte black Blackout (which I love, so am happy having a second one as a backup). Because it is all shimmer, for the most part you cannot create whole looks with the one palette. 

Of drugstore, the MUA palettes I have purchased (I think I have two, I'm not even sure!). 

8. Most Used


Urban Decay Naked 2. This is the first high end palette I purchased, and it has been the most used. Bootycall is basically non-existent right now. Favourite eyeshadow ever! 

9. Most Loved


Urban Decay Naked 2.

10. Desert Island


I'd take my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I love it so much, it is my favourite palette. Second to that, the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. 

So basically this tag just shows that I really love the Urban Decay Naked 2! I'm currently working on a heap of reviews, so check back soon! And if you haven't already, don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment