Monday 16 December 2013

NARS Killing Me Softly Cheek Palette - review and swatches

Today I have a review of the limited edition Killing My Softly Cheek Palette from NARS. When this palette popped up on Temptalia, I knew I had to have it. Featuring the famous Orgasm blush and Albatross highlighter, two products I have wanted to try but have not wanted to fork out $50 for each. I got this palette for $69 from Mecca Cosmetica.




The size of the packaging is identical to that of the NARS Laguna Bronzer. 



The NARS Killing Me Softly Cheek Palette features three blushes and one highlighter - the top left hand corner is Gilda, a matte coral shade. Next to Gilda is Albatross, a goldish highlighter. I've wanted to try this highlighter for a while, and the addition of Orgasm in this palette was a no brainer. On the bottom left hand corner is Outlaw, a more autumn/winter appropriate shade with some golden shimmer throughout, I'd describe this shade as a raspberry. The biggest pan in the palette is Orgasm, a cult favourite peachy coral shade also with golden shimmer. 


The shade selection is absolutely lovely. I'm so happy Albatross and Orgasm were including in this palette, but Gilda is so lovely and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this shade in summer! Outlaw is such a pretty raspberry shade, and I can imagine getting a lot of use out of this shade when summer is over and we head into autumn and winter. 

The only complaint I have is the size of the pans. To apply highlighter, I tend to use a small fan brush so the Albatross pan is okay, but both the Gilda and Outlaw pans are small it is hard to get a blush brush in them. However, the shades are so pretty I can work around it.

That is my review of the NARS Killing Me Softly Cheek Palette. If you can still get your hands on this, I recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment