Tuesday 27 October 2015

Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope in Brat Pack - review and swatches

Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope in Brat Pack was a present from my boyfriend for my 23rd birthday. I'd not really heard of this brand, but after one day of wearing this lipstick, I was hooked. This is probably the most expensive lipstick I own, and I'm pretty sure it was a bit cheaper when my boyfriend purchased it, but currently it retails for $69 from Mecca and can be purchased here. Lipstick Queen has quite a few collections of lipsticks, but I believe the Velvet Rope are the most luxurious that they offer (when you see the packaging, you will agree). There are five shades in this type of lipstick, and they are described as "pure glamour and luxury for your lips! A pigment-rich yet feather-light lipstick that delivers the drama and intensity of a matte without compromising on comfort". The shade I have, Brat Pack, is described as a true red.




Just look at that beautiful lipstick! Poppy King, Lipstick Queen Founder, describes as following: 
"I was inspired by the golden years of Hollywood when glamour was in every detail. This is the lipstick of the red carpet, the people, the places and the personalities that glide past the Velvet Rope and into the night"

The beautiful gold packaging features a magnetic closure, which is a great feature. The description of this product is no word of a lie either - this lipstick is feather light. It is super smooth and soft to apply to the lips, and does dry down to a matte. However, this is the most comfortable matte lipstick I have ever worn. I have worn this all day without any feathering and without the end result being dry lips.

This isn't a cheap product whatsover, and I'm not encouraging anyone to spend ridiculous amounts on lipstick, but this lipstick is very luxurious and I love having it in my collection. The only other one from this collection I would consider purchasing is Star System, which is the nude from the collection, but I want to swatch it in store before purchasing and unfortunately have not had any luck finding it on the shelf as yet. 

If all matte formulas were like this one, many more people would like matte lipsticks. This is one of my favourite reds, and it is quite similar to MAC Ruby Woo, just without the excessive dryness. 


Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment