Saturday 19 September 2015

Too Faced 5 Star Favorites Set - review

I picked up this little set from Mecca Maxima a month or so ago. The price for this set was $28, which is quite reasonable in that you are receiving 3 products for that price (although they aren't full sized, they are deluxe sized). To be honest, the only thing in this set you would go through quickly is the mascara (and maybe the eyeliner, depending on how much eyeliner you use a day). The primer will last you quite some time.

Please note, I have for the last 2 and a bit weeks had an eye irritation which has made testing these products a bit hard (and hence the lack of posts). At first, I thought it may have been the eye liner or mascara in this set but when the irritation did not go away after a day, I realised it wasn't the eyeliner or mascara. We are back in the eye makeup game now!





Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner is a super pigmented, black liner. This does not move from the water line. I do tend to use gel eyeliner in the upper lash line and water line as that does not go anywhere, but when I wear contacts the gel sticks to the contact and is a pain to remove without taking the contacts out. This pencil does not have this issue. As this is in a pencil form, it is easier for travel compared to gel as well. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara has become an instant favourite with me. The wand has an hourglass shape and it makes my lashes dark, bold, long and voluminous. I don't know why I haven't picked this up sooner, but I'm so glad I have now. When this runs out, I will definitely be repurchasing. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is an eyelid primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion has been my go-to for years, but I have always been interested in trying this out. To be honest, whenever I do eye makeup, I will apply an eyelid primer and then put a base on - 90% of the time this base is the MAC Painterly Paint Pot. I never just rely on an eyelid primer. This one reminds me a lot of the Urban Decay Primer Potion Original, and I will continue to use this. 

Unfortunately I can't see this on the Mecca website anymore, but it may still be available in store. All these products can be purchased as a full sized product from Mecca Maxima, and Mecca online. For the price, this is a great little set and I'm happy I got to try out these three great products.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment