Tuesday 22 September 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Light to Medium - review and swatches

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit is a product that has been severely hyped up on YouTube. I purchased this towards the beginning of the year and this product has been a staple in a lot of my makeup looks. This palette contains 6 face powders and there are 3 grams of product in every pan. I purchased this before there were cream contour kits and another powder contour kit, and now the powder contour kits are available in two variations - Light to Medium and Medium to Tan.



This palette contains 3 highlighting shades and 3 contour shades.




Vanilla is a light pink-toned matte. I use this under my eyes to set and brighten my under eye area. 
Banana is a light yellow-toned matte. I also use this one under my eyes to set. I tend to switch it up between Vanilla and Banana, as both work great for the under eye area. 
Sand is the only shimmery shade in this palette. It is pink toned in the pan, but when applied and blended out on the cheek bones, it blends to a nice sheen on the skin. This is a very subtle highlight. 
Java is a warm-toned contour shade. Unfortunately I don't get much use of this as I am quite fair, but I have used this as a transition shade on the eyes and it works great. Once it is the warmer months and I'm going for the bronzed skin, I will try to use this as a bronzer.
Fawn is the cool-toned contour out of the three contour shades. This one gets a lot of use as it is the only contour shade that works on my fair complexion. As this is the cooler of the three, it works great at chiseling out the cheekbones. This is one of my favourite contour powders that I own. 
Havana is another warm-toned contour shade. For someone with darker skin then me (I would say medium skin-tone), this would work great. Like Java, this one works well as a transition shadow on the eyes. 


(L to R: Vanilla, Banana, Sand, Java, Fawn, Havana)

The palette is magnetic and the pans can be removed, which makes it great should you want to mix it up with different contour and highlight shades that are available from Anastasia. There are 29 in total, and each retail for $14US.

This was the first contour palette I have purchased. Since then, I have added the Australis Contour Palette and the Too Faced Contour Palette (see review here) to my collection. Out of the three, the Too Faced is my preferred, as I can use 3 out of the 4 shades with no problem. The Anastasia is my more preferred when doing other people's makeup, as the three contour shades can work for a variety of people. For myself, however, I would opt for the Too Faced as only one of the contour shades is useable.

This palette retails for $40US and the Anastasia Beverly Hills website ships to Australia. Anastasia Beverly Hills is also stocked at Sephora Australia. 

Thanks for reading, 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment