Monday 3 August 2015

Stila Field of Florals Convertible Colour Palette - review and swatches

This year, Stila released a 12 colour convertible colour lip and cheek palette. Mecca did carry this, but by the time I realised I wanted to purchase it, it wasn't on the website (I did, however, find it in store later and purchased it for a friend). I picked this palette up from BeautyBay.com for about $50. It is still available, if you were interested - click here!






(L to R: Lilium, Magnolia, Tulip, Camellia, Peony, Rose) 


(L to R: Gladiola, Peach Blossom, Hibiscus, Gerbera, Petunia, Fuchsia)

I really have been into cream blushes lately. I thought for the price, this product was a great investment because of the variety. In Australia, a single colour retails for $36. I have tested this product on both my cheeks and lips. On the cheeks, I do like to top with a powder blush, but in the spring and summer time this would be a great product to apply for a beach day or the like. On the lips, the colours last great. I love the look of Rose on my lips. I do tend to go for mostly matte lip colours, but the creamy consistency of these are fine. They are comfortable to wear on the lips. The palette does come with a nice variety of nude and colourful shades, both for the lips and cheeks. 

If I did hit pan on one of the shades, I would consider buying a full size of the product. The only downside I have with the palette is the shape of the pans - it's not the easiest to apply directly from pan to cheek with a brush. I like to apply the product with my fingers - 3-4 dots each cheek, and blend out with a stippling brush. If I want to intensify the colour, I can add more later. On the cheeks, the colours have a luminous finish because of the creamy texture. There is no noticeable shimmer in any of the colours. 

If you were slightly intrigued in this product, I would recommend picking it up. This was a great addition to my collection and nothing like anything else I have.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment