Monday 10 August 2015

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip - review and swatches - Limbo, Trap, Tulle & Zipper

My favourite kind of lip product are matte products. Matte liquid lipsticks are always on my radar. ColourPop released these a few months ago and they immediately sold out. A few weeks ago I got an email saying they were back in stock, so I ordered four shades that appealed to me. Shipping was about $18 AUD ($12.92 US), and each lip colour is US $6. The total sale worked out to be $52.48 AUD, which isn't too bad for four shades. The price is really equivalent to what you would pay for "drugstore" lip products in Australia.





(L to R: Trap, Tulle, Limbo, Zipper)

The formula is comparable to Lime Crime Velvetines. It is definitely a very dry formula. I wore Trap to work one day, and only had to reapply towards the end of the day because I had been eating and the colour started to wear away in the centre of the lip. If you are not a fan of dry, matte lip products, these will not work well for you. The colour consistency in all four shades is amazing, and once dry, the product will not go anywhere until you want it to. Trap reminds me a lot of the Lippe Stix in Tootsie, which I purchased about a month ago along with a few other products. The formula of Tootsie is also a matte, but I would describe Tootsie as having a more satin finish. These products, on the other hand, are definitely matte. I picked up Limbo because I didn't end up purchasing Salem from Lime Crime at IMATS last year, and I thought this was similar enough (and I'm a bit unsure about purchasing anymore Lime Crime products). Zipper reminds me of a super matte version of MAC Heroine (which is also a matte finish), and I didn't have anything similar to Tulle in my collection so I thought it was a good addition.

Overall, I'm really glad with this purchase and definitely will be purchasing a few more in the near future... Maybe when the exchange rate is better. If you are interested in these lip products and love matte liquid lipsticks, I would recommend looking into these. 

Thanks for reading, 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment