Saturday 22 August 2015

Products I Regret Buying 2015

One of my favourite videos to watch on YouTube are products I regret buying videos, so I thought I'd put up a post on products I regret buying. In no shape or form is my word gospel, but these following products are products that really didn't work for me. It may be the colour, or the formulation, but here are my thoughts on the products I regret buying.


L'Oreal True Match Foundation
I really wish this foundation worked for me, but unfortunately I think my skin is too dry for this to work. The colour is fine but it just clings to my dry patches.

Australis Face and Body Tint
When this foundation was released, many believed it would be a dupe for the MAC Face & Body foundation. Unfortunately, it is not. Should you try to layer this product at all, it balls up. Do not recommend, and have only used it the one time.

Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer
I have used a significant amount of this primer, and it is super moisturising. Unfortunately, it made me break out every single time I used it. I like the primer but not enough to have pimples. It did take me a while to realise I was breaking out because of this primer.

Rimmel BB Cream in Light
This BB cream had a strange tone to it. It reminds me of the original Garnier BB Cream, which I wasn't a fan of (love the one for combo to oily skin, though!). This BB cream comes out grey toned but once blended goes quite orange. Doesn't match my skin at all.

MAC Studio Fix Liquid Foundation
I used to adore this foundation, but I regret purchasing a second bottle once I had used up the first. Since I first tried this foundation, my skin has definitely become dryer. This foundation does not work well with my skin at all anymore.



Revlon Photoready Powder in Translucent 
This powder has shimmer in it. No matter how little you use, you can see glitter on your face. Not a fan of this powder at all unfortunately.

MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish 
This is an annoying one. Everyone seems to love this product, but I find it too gritty. I do occasionally pull it out and try to use it, but for the most part I find myself asking 'why did you ever purchase this?' It might work better on more medium skin tones, but for us fair girls, I would recommend picking up MAC Lightscapade instead. On a brighter side, this Mineralise Skinfinish does work good as an eyeshadow.

MAC Studio Fix Powder 
I have used a lot of this powder, and that was before I noticed my skin going very very dry. This powder is heavy duty - when I went to MAC (about two years ago now) and the lady suggested this powder, I should have really done my research and told her I wasn't down with the super full coverage face. The flashback on this powder is not flattering at all.


Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait 
I love the Revlon Lip Butter's for the most part, but this one is basically glitter in a tube - and this is not a look I like on my lips at all. The colour is gorgeous swatched, but once it is on the lips you can feel how chunky the glitter is.

And those are the products I regret buying!

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment