Friday 28 August 2015

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Blue Velvet - review and swatches

I purchased this from Lipstick Republic about a month or two ago as I really wanted to try a blue liquid lipstick. This product retails from Lipstick Republic for $29. This is described as a "vibrant royal blue".




This product "goes on opaque, dries completely matte, and stays on for hours". I'm a fan of liquid lipsticks, so how drying they are on the lip doesn't really bother me. This liquid lipstick is on par with Lime Crime and the ColourPop Ultra Mattes that I have tried - see review of ColourPop here. My only issue with this shade (and it may only be the shade, not the overall formulation across the brand) is that it applies, like you can see in the swatch, a little patchy and not fully opaque. The colour is not as consistent as some other formulations and brands I have tried. However, in saying that, I have no issue adding another layer once dry to even out the colour. I quite enjoy this shade and wearing this lip colour. Like most liquid matte colours, there will be some feathering after a few hours, but that is to be expected. 

I believe the price of $29 will be across the board in Australia. Of course, when comparing this price to that of ColourPop, it is quite expensive. At the time of purchase, ColourPop had not released a dark blue liquid lipstick. I don't regret purchasing this shade and I would consider purchasing a few more shades (Blow Pony, Posh Spice, Redrum). This product is also 100% vegan and cruelty free.

Thanks for reading, and what are your thoughts on blue lips?
X

No comments:

Post a Comment