Friday 31 July 2015

Models Prefer Cream Highlight and Contour Stick - review and swatches

I noticed these beauties in Priceline a couple of weeks ago. I've not tried much from Models Prefer, I have purchased a few of their brushes (they did release one with this collection that looks much like the NARS Ita brush), but besides that, I think this is the first makeup product I have tried. From what I know, I believe this is a Priceline exclusive brand. Each stick costs $9.99 and comes with 8 grams of product. These are cream products






(L to R: Models Prefer Contour Collection Highlighting Stick, Models Prefer Contour Collection Contouring Stick)

The highlight shade is a more of a pinky based than yellow based highlight stick. The contour is a slightly warm mid-toned brown. Because the contour stick is quite dark, I find I can only use it to contour my cheeks, no where else on my face. For reference, I am a NC15, sometimes NC20 in MAC. If I didn't wear glasses, I'm sure the contour stick would be fine to use on my nose with a small brush. I like to use the highlight stick underneath the contour on my cheeks, once blended out, to emphasise the contour.

I believe the highlight stick is great for fair and light skinned girls, and the contour stick would work anywhere up to a medium skin tone. Unfortunately there isn't much variety as these are the only two shades. There is no shimmer in either product, so they are great as contouring products. I find the formula to be way too heavy underneath the eyes, otherwise this would be a great product to highlight in the area.

I would recommend going into Priceline and testing these out. If the shades work for you, give it a try. For nights out, these are great base products for contouring. I always like to top with powder.

Thanks for reading, 
X

3 comments:

  1. hey :) I just bought the contouring stick today too since it looked interesting :') just wondering, do you use your fingers to blend it out as it's creamy? or with a brush? Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Velene! I use a small duo fibre brush to blend it out :) hope that helps! X

      Delete