Wednesday 22 July 2015

Too Faced Cocoa Contour Palette - review and swatches

Too Faced has become one of my favourite brands over the last year. I saw this contour palette featured in YouTube videos a couple of months ago, and was desperately awaiting it's release in Australia. This palette retails for $52 from Mecca, and is available from Mecca Maxima and Kit Cosmetic stores.


Too Faced describes this product as the following:
"Lift cheekbones, look instantly slimmer or sculpt like a celebrity with Cocoa Contour. Includes the two essential sculpting shades, the perfect matte highlighter and a luminous pop of light for a contoured look that never looks flat. Infused with our antioxidant-rich Exclusive Cocoa Complex for a seamless finish and decadent chocolate scent. Features our Contour Buki Brush for the most professional sculpting effect".


The palette features for highlight and contour shades, and an adorable kabuki brush:
Light Cocoa - a light matte pink-based shade to highlight
Medium Cocoa - a medium, slightly cool tone matte for contour
Dark Cocoa - a deeper, more warm tone matte for contour
Pop of Light - a shimmer pink toned highlight




The included Contour Buki Brush is great for applying the contour powders.


(L to R: Light Cocoa, Medium Cocoa, Dark Cocoa, Pop of Light)

Light Cocoa has been my go-to under eye highlight shade since I picked up this palette. Medium Cocoa has been my go-to contour. In the warmer months, I will be using Dark Cocoa to bronze up my face - as you can see, it is definitely more warmer in tone than Medium Cocoa. Unfortunately the only downside of this palette is the shade Pop of Light - it is meant to be a highlight shade, but unfortunately it is just chunks of glitter once blended out. The colour payoff is of every other shade is great, and I find at the end of the work day you can still see my contour.

For the price, I believe this is a great palette. There are three usable shades in my opinion, and the inclusion of the brush makes it unique. I also have the Anastasia Contour Kit (which I will have a review up of soon), which before this was my go-to palette, and the Australis, but this is my favourite. The palette also smells like chocolate, so how can you go wrong?

If you are looking into purchasing a contour kit, I would say put this on your list to take a look at! It is limited edition, so get in quick!

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment