Tuesday 21 July 2015

ColourPop Where The Light Is - review and swatches

I purchased this quad a couple of months ago, along with the Shaaanxo quad (see review here). Since then, I have placed another order for two Lippie Stix and a highlighter, and shipping took about the same (a week and a half). I probably won't be ordering from ColourPop again any time soon until the exchange rate in Australia gets better. Other than the current exchange rate, the price of the products are very reasonable, and the shipping is not too bad from what I have experienced.


Where The Light Is comes with four shades - two mattes, a pearlised finish, and a metallic finish. It is a collaboration with YouTuber kathleenlights



(L to R: Glow, Kathleenlights, Cornelius and Blaze)

Glow is a matte, yellow cream. Kathleenlights is a golden copper with pearlised finish. Cornelius is a matte mid-tone warm brown. Blaze is warm bronze with a metallic finish, and with noticeable glitter. 

The matte shades in this quad are more every day wearable than that in the Shaaanxo quad. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I find myself reaching for this quad more. Kathleenlights is a gorgeous warm, golden copper, and I can see it getting a lot of use in the summer months. The shade reminds me a lot of MAC Amber Lights, which I believe is the inspiration for the shade. To me, the star of the quad is not Kathleenlights but Blaze. The camera does not pick it up well, but this is a truly magnificent shade. It has fine glitters in it and on the lid it looks multi-dimensional. It adds something remarkable to a bronze look.

I find the pearlised and metallic finish shades are great toppers on powder eyeshadows, and are great tools to have in your kit should you want to take a look from day time to night time. If the colours in this quad don't appeal to you all too much, I would definitely suggest checking out something else in the ColourPop range of eyeshadows. For US$5, these do not disappoint. Next time I order, I will be purchasing more pearlised and metallic finish shades.

This quad costs US$20, and can be purchased from www.colourpop.com.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment