Saturday 23 January 2016

Chi Chi Brow Pomade - Taupe Vs Dark Brown

Today I have a quick comparison post comparing two shades of the Chi Chi Brow Pomade I own - Taupe and Dark Brown. I have previously done a review on the Taupe shade (and the product in general), which can be viewed here, but I have found it a bit difficult to find comparison posts on line, so thought I would compare the two shades I own.

I originally purchased Taupe as I currently have a balayage in my hair - blonde from about 1/3 down. I have recently had the brunette at the top done much darker and cooler in tone, and because I do have the dark tones in the beginning of my hair, I wasn't too afraid of purchasing one of the darker shades as I enjoyed the product so much.





(L to R: heavy swatch of Taupe, light swatch [how I would use on brows] with angled brush, heavy swatch of Dark Brown, light swatch with angled brush)

Now that the roots of my hair are a lot darker, I find Taupe doesn't work as well in my brows - it does appear a lot more warm toned than it previously had. The light swatches above is how I use the product - I like to dip my brush in the product, wipe it on the lid and go from there. I tend to reach for Dark Brown a lot more these days, but Taupe would be a great shade for blondes or those with lighter hair.

The Chi Chi Brow Pomade is $14.95 and can be purchased from the Chi Chi website, and from Myer and Target in Australia.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment