Sunday 22 November 2015

theBalm the Manizer Sisters Luminizing Collection - review and swatches

I picked this trio up from Sephora Online a couple of weeks ago, and you can see my review and experiences here. Mary-Lou Manizer has been a favourite highlight of mine for years, and I've always been intrigued to try the other two that theBalm offers. I was super excited when I saw this on Sephora Online, and I paid $43AUD for it. It is now sold out unfortunately, but during my research online, I have found it is now stocked in David Jones for $39.95, and can be purchased here. It should also be available in store, and there is a nice feature that lets you check if it is available in your local store.






Mary-Lou Manizer is described as a golden beige highlight. This works well on light skin tones, and is an intense highlight. I absolutely adore this highlight. I also love using this as an inner corner highlight because it is very intense. Cindy-Lou Manizer is a pinky highlight. This shade is definitely too dark for me as a highlight, but works well as a blush. Because it is a highlight, it is shimmery, so a light hand works best with this when using as a blush. It is also a great blush topper for matte blushes. Betty-Lou Manizer is a bronze highlight. On deeper skin tones, this would be absolutely gorgeous as a highlight, but I can use this to bronze up the skin lightly, or as an eyeshadow.


(Mary-Lou Manizer, Cindy-Lou Manizer, Betty-Lou Manizer)

I do own the full size Mary-Lou Manizer, and it comes with 8.5g of product. Each pan of these "Manizer's" come with 3g of product, which is still a good size for a highlighter. The palette also comes with a mirror, which is a nice touch. Because of the size of the palette, it isn't a big mirror, but it works okay for on the go touch ups. The palette is small in size and made of sturdy cardboard, and features a magnetic closure. This means it is great for travel. I'm happy with this purchase and would recommend it for any highlighter lovers out there. If you haven't tried any of theBalm face products before, this would be a great product to start out with. 

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment