Monday 16 November 2015

MAC Magic of the Night Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Oh, Darling! - review and swatches

I checked my emails 12 minutes after I was sent an email from MAC saying the Magic of the Night Christmas Collection was available, and the shade  "Oh, Darling!" was already sold out. I was devastated. The Monday following when this product was released, my mother picked up the last one they had in store - props to you, Mum! This product retails for $51AUD, and if you're lucky enough to find it still in store, I would recommend picking it up!




Photos really do not do this highlighter justice. This first day I wore this, after a full day of work (12 hours of wear on my face) my Mum said my skin looked amazing. The shade is definitely on the gold side, but I find it works well on my light complexion. I have worn this to work almost every day since picking it up. This product lasts all day on the face - I apply it at 7am in the morning, and it is still on my cheekbones when I come home at 7pm. I do use a setting mist from the Body Shop, but it isn't a heavy duty one at all. I believe even without a setting mist, this product would last all day.


It is incredibly difficult to capture the amazingness of this product, but I am glad I picked it up. I don't generally fall into the hype with limited edition MAC collections (except when pigments are involved), but this was an exception.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment