Saturday 5 November 2016

Kat Von D Everlasting Lip Contour Duo - review and swatches

About a month ago I was in Sephora and picked up two of these mini lip sets from Kat Von D. At the end of last year I purchased a Lolita duo (click here to see review), and I really like the formula of those two shades, so thought purchasing another mini set wouldn't hurt. This set retailed for $31 AUD in store. I had previously seen it online, but cannot find it on the Sephora Australia website any longer. These mini sizes come with 3.0mL of product, where the full size comes with 6.6mL - so the product is just under half the size of the full size product. 






(L to R: Melancholia, Susperia)

I really enjoy the formula of the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks. They are thin, so I find they do tend to wear off quite a bit, but because of this, I hardly find them drying at all. You can see in the above swatches, especially with Susperia, that it is a little patchy, but this can be easily layered on the lips with no issue at all. 

You are able to achieve an ombre lip with this duo. Because the formula of these liquid lipsticks is so thin, you are able to layer these products with no cracking. These two colours go really nicely together to create an ombre lip. 

The only issue I find with this product is because it is so thin, after a few hours, you do see the product breaking down, especially in the centre of your mouth. This does not bother me at all, as it is quite easy to just layer this product so reapplying on top does the trick - you don't need to take the product off completely to reapply, like you have to do with other products.

I think the formula of Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks is one of my favourites. I really like these mini sets, as going through a full liquid lipstick is quite a task. If you see this in store or online, I'd really recommend picking it up. The shades are nice on their own, but it's always fun to do an ombre lip!

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment